- The oven cleaner label says "wear gloves" for a reason.
- The toaster says "warning, hot surface" for a reason.
- An old toothbrush is a good bathroom cleaning tool, but don't store it near your real toothbrush (unless you want to know what Ajax tastes like).
- Hang the sticky fly tape by the lamp? Wow, that should attract lots of flies. Why don't you put it right next to the pull chain...
- The whistle on your roommate's tea kettle is a detachable cap. It will let some water trickle into that teacup you're holding, then fall off, dumping scalding liquid onto your hand and arm.
- You can outwit the school bully with snappy comebacks. This makes the bully mad. When the bully is mad, you'll get pounded. (Substitute "crazy person" for bully to make this applicable to adulthood.)
- Inebriated? Bad time to tweeze the eyebrows.
- Out of acne cream? Wart remover is not a good substitute.
What have you learned the hard way?
p.s. was crunched for time when I made the picture