Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Old Man of the Mountain


Another treasure from the Fleischer Studios. Not as trippy as Snow White or Minnie the Moocher, but it has some wonderful moments. Rabbits turn into roller skates (which gallop when necessary), a man bounces away from his crutches (which, in turn, walk away on their own) etc.. I like the owl who sings the title song too.
I think it runs out of steam when towards the end. The singing and dancing are great, but it lacks the imagination of Snow White and Minnie- no weird creatures, no shape shifting, no wacky backgrounds. I wonder if the story men and/or animators had a harsh deadline and couldn't cut loose?
Still, it's better than anything I've done.
Still working on my stuff. Mostly before work and during my lunch hour. It would have been ready but some of my nested symbols aren't swapping, so I need to figure out what went wrong.

No comments: