I heard John Lennon's How do you sleep? on the radio and threw this sketch together.
It was written after the Beatles broke up. The song oozes with contempt for Paul McCartney.*
- Those freaks was right when they said you was dead
- The only thing you done was yesterday/And since you've gone you're just another day**
- A pretty face may last a year or two/But pretty soon they'll see what you can do
- The sound you make is Muzak to my ears
Don't get John Lennon mad at you.
As I said elsewhere, I kinda like this song. His "nicer" songs like Imagine sound preachy too me. I like Lennon best when his work has a hostile, wacko bite, like I am the Walrus or Glass Onion.
*According to Songfacts:
- To be fair, McCartney had taken some shots at John in the album Ram
- Later John claimed a lot of the contempt in the song was actually aimed at himself.