Sunday, February 15, 2009

Life's Been Good


Here's another draw-the-picture-before-the-song-stops-playing effort:
Joe Walsh's "Life's Been Good."
Had the song been longer I'd have included at trail of damage and excess behind the song's protagonist: a spoiled, egotistical wreaking ball.
I was little when the song first came out and didn't realize how funny/satirical it was until years later.
The lyrics still make me laugh:
  • "I own a mansion, [I] forget the price/ain't never been there, they tell me it's nice"
  • "I live in hotels, tear out the walls/I have accountants pay for it all"
  • "My Maserati does one-eighty five/I lost my license, now I don't drive.
  • [Call:]"Everybody say I'm cool!" [Response:]"He's cool!"
p.s.
I cheated and added the frame after the picture was done.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This song reminds me of a happy, carefree time in my life.

Linda Davick said...

Why does this song remind me of Trailers for Sale or Rent? It's the opposite! But I like both songs. The idea for your drawings to songs reminds me of my drawings-to- conversations-with-my-mom, which I do on Graffiti/facebook.

Namowal (Jennifer Bourne) said...

Hi Stray,
I hope I brought back some good memories.
Hi Linda,
Do you mean you send your mom facebook graffiti just for her? Or do you mean facebook graffiti inspired by recent conversations with her?

Linda Davick said...

When I talk with my mom, I draw "Graffiti." That way, she can say the same things over and over as many times as she wants, and I can draw and listen and talk back. Then by the end of the conversation, I'll usually be finished with a piece.

Anonymous said...

Maybe this is why I took photos and did drawings of everybody at the nursing home. Fabulous coping mechanism!